3.18.2011

Hello, Sunshine!

I feel like I'm on top of the world today, and it only took three steps outside of my building to fill me with that joy. I love the sun. There's just something about it that makes me smile like a child on the last day of school. On my way to the train platform the sweet smell of spring runs through my nose and a cool breeze hugs my body. It finally feels like the overcast lull of winter is gone. Days will grow longer as the moon delays its rise, and my legs are pumped for a jog through the park.

I smile through the entire ride to work today, staring out the window at bright blue skies and glittering reflections on our lovely brown Jersey water. It doesn't matter though; the sparkling dance of sunlight overpowers the murky Newark bay and bounces from tall glass buildings. Trees are still bare and skeletal, but I imagine the colorful leaves they will soon birth. The air conditioner blasts its manufactured comfort at my face, and I can only crave the moment I get to step back into springtime glory.

I see so many cars drive by with their windows securely shut. I don't understand why people find it necessary to kick on the air conditioner on a day like this. They depend on this man-made air entirely too much. I wish I were in my car right now, windows down, sunroof open, and blasting the perfect summer soundtrack. I love a good drive on a beautiful day.

Well, the train is about to come to its final destination. I will thoroughly enjoy my walk to work today, sucking in as much joy as I can before I'm condemned to my desk indoors. But I have a beautiful view from my desk, so maybe it won't be all that bad. :-)

1 comment: