2.24.2011

Back In The Saddle

First, I'd like to apologize for the impromptu month-long hiatus. Life got a little crazy, and I had to kick a few things to the sidelines. Well, it actually hasn't gotten any less crazy, but I'm learning to manage it better now. A whole slew of my coworkers decided to quit at the same time —guess who's left picking up the pieces? Yea. However, I'm trying to put a positive spin on this and think of it as an opportunity for career advancement, rather than the reality that it equals 10-12 hour days and triple the workload. Anyhow, let's jump back into fantasy-land where I can pretend I actually have a life outside of work.

Coupled with that hiatus, I totally fell off the workout horse. I came down with a cold and managed to sprain my left shoulder at the same time. And how did I manage to sprain my shoulder? Well, I fell asleep at a kitchen table one night while resting my head on my arm. Please note I was not drunk. I just have this talent where I can fall asleep anywhere, in any position, regardless of the world around me —earthquake, fire, driving, Guns N Roses tribute concert, social gathering. Three of those are true stories. (Hint: We don't have earthquakes in New Jersey.)

Although I fell out of my exercise routine, I was able to successfully maintain my diet! Well, except for a few select days due to circumstances totally out of my control. My 25th birthday at the end of January was met with good cake and great food, and then my girlfriend's birthday followed a week later, which was met with more cake and goodies. Oh, and then Valentine's Day came a week after that, but my love was kind enough to give me only one giant hunk of chocolate (thank you! xo). So, I have to say, I think I did pretty damn good under the circumstances. I didn't put on any weight, and I even lost a few more pounds. I'm now 10lbs down from when I started!

Needless to say, I felt like total crap during these past weeks. Work started to wear on me, I was stressing out left and right, and my body was revolting against the poor nutrition and lack of movement. I had enough of this low point, and so Tuesday I opted to jump back into a rigorous 5-day workout routine. I was met with some opposition that day, but I managed to overcome the negativity and start busting my ass. I'm continuing the C25K running plan from where I left off (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) and sprinkling in a killer ab workout in between with some arm toning. I downloaded a newer, better, and absolutely free food and exercise logging app. It's called MyFitnessPal and has a way bigger database of food and activities than the LoseIt! app. It's also available on Android, Blackberry, and the web, so my Verizon friends can download it and join in the fun! Within the app you can add your friends (like Facebook for getting fit) and watch each others progress. I think this is a great motivational app due to the ability to encourage your friends and family to stick with it. I texted everyone I know with a smartphone, but I'm still waiting on them to download it. Get to it, people! My username is x1daydreamer6x. Add me! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. ill but it monday when i get back on track with my diet and working out. this new job is wearing me out a little this week and i now have no days off. woohoo...not!

    ReplyDelete